• Summary statement of the firm's financial position at a given point in time.
• A summary of the assets, liabilities and owner equity at a defined moment in time
• A company's financial statement that reports its Assets, Liabilities, and Shareholders' Equity on a given date. Liabilities always equal assets, hence the name balance sheet. It is issued annually and quarterly.
• The balance sheet of the Bank shows assets and liabilities. Assets include cash and equivalents, securities held, and loans. Liabilities include deposits, purchased funds, long-term debt and equity.
• Also called the statement of financial condition, it is a summary of the assets, liabilities, and owners' equity.
| ||Embedded terms in definition|
Cash and equivalents
| ||Related Terms|
What Happens If a Bank Fails?: How the FDIC protects depositors, including providing quick access to insured funds. More...
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense. – Thomas Arnold Bennett