• Summary statement of the firm's financial position at a given point in time.
• A summary of the assets, liabilities and owner equity at a defined moment in time
• A company's financial statement that reports its Assets, Liabilities, and Shareholders' Equity on a given date. Liabilities always equal assets, hence the name balance sheet. It is issued annually and quarterly.
• The balance sheet of the Bank shows assets and liabilities. Assets include cash and equivalents, securities held, and loans. Liabilities include deposits, purchased funds, long-term debt and equity.
• Also called the statement of financial condition, it is a summary of the assets, liabilities, and owners' equity.
| ||Embedded terms in definition|
Cash and equivalents
| ||Related Terms|
Managing Your Expenses on a Fixed or Reduced Income: Once you've retired, you finally have the opportunity to work at your dream job - keeping yourself happy. It's your chance to visit places you've always wanted to see, take up a new hobby and spend more time with your family and friends. But to be successful at this new position, you've got to make the most of your income and investments. Here are suggestions. More...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. . . . You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt(er) Elias Disney