• Summary statement of the firm's financial position at a given point in time.
• A summary of the assets, liabilities and owner equity at a defined moment in time
• A company's financial statement that reports its Assets, Liabilities, and Shareholders' Equity on a given date. Liabilities always equal assets, hence the name balance sheet. It is issued annually and quarterly.
• The balance sheet of the Bank shows assets and liabilities. Assets include cash and equivalents, securities held, and loans. Liabilities include deposits, purchased funds, long-term debt and equity.
• Also called the statement of financial condition, it is a summary of the assets, liabilities, and owners' equity.
| ||Embedded terms in definition|
Cash and equivalents
| ||Related Terms|
How to Ace Your First Test Managing Real Money in the Real World: As a teen, you're beginning to make some grown-up decisions about how to save and spend your money. That's why learning the right ways to manage money…right from the start…is important. Here are suggestions. More...
... I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison