• Summary statement of the firm's financial position at a given point in time.
• A summary of the assets, liabilities and owner equity at a defined moment in time
• A company's financial statement that reports its Assets, Liabilities, and Shareholders' Equity on a given date. Liabilities always equal assets, hence the name balance sheet. It is issued annually and quarterly.
• The balance sheet of the Bank shows assets and liabilities. Assets include cash and equivalents, securities held, and loans. Liabilities include deposits, purchased funds, long-term debt and equity.
• Also called the statement of financial condition, it is a summary of the assets, liabilities, and owners' equity.
| ||Embedded terms in definition|
Cash and equivalents
| ||Related Terms|
Multi-Tasking In Your 30s, 40s or 50s: Managing for today and saving for tomorrow, including a child's college expenses and your retirement More...
Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They're willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to persevere in the face of many difficult odds. There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and the time they're willing to spend on it. – Dr. Joyce